Free Cyclobenzaprine Discount Coupon
STEP 1: Print or save your free drug coupon.
STEP 2: Bring it to your local pharmacy.
STEP 3: Save up to 90% on your prescriptions!
Cyclobenzaprine Drug Information
- Other Uses
- Special Dietary
- If I Forget
- Side Effects
- Storage Conditions
- Other Information
- Brand Names
Why is this medication prescribed?
Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant, is used with rest, physical therapy, and other measures to relax muscles and relieve pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries.
How should this medicine be used?
Cyclobenzaprine comes as a tablet and an extended release capsule to take by mouth. The tablet is usually taken two to four times a day. The extended release capsule is usually taken one or two times a day. Do not take this drug for more than 3 weeks without talking to your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take cyclobenzaprine exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Other uses for this medicine
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking cyclobenzaprine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to cyclobenzaprine or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription drugs you are taking or have taken within the last 2 weeks, especially medications for depression, seizures, allergies, coughs, or colds; MAO inhibitors (phenelzine [Nardil], tranylcypromine [Parnate]); sedatives; sleeping pills; tranquilizers; and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have an overactive thyroid gland, heart disease, glaucoma, or difficulty urinating.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking cyclobenzaprine, call your doctor immediately.
- talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking cyclobenzaprine if you are 65 years of age or older. Older adults should not usually take cyclobenzaprine because it is not as safe or effective as other medications that can be used to treat the same condition.
- you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how cyclobenzaprine affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Cyclobenzaprine may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- dry mouth
- upset stomach
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- severe skin rash
- swelling of the face or tongue
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- irregular heart rate
- chest pain
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
Brand names of combination products
Major Pharmacy Chains:
Find a participating pharmacy with our pharmacy locator.
This Coupon is Good for the Following Pain Relief Prescriptions:
- CYCLOBENZAPR CAP 15MG ER
- CYCLOBENZAPR CAP 30MG ER
- CYCLOBENZAPR KIT COMFORT
- CYCLOBENZAPR POW HCL
- CYCLOBENZAPR TAB 10MG
- CYCLOBENZAPR TAB 5MG
- CYCLOBENZAPR TAB 7.5MG