Free Lisinopril Discount Coupon
STEP 1: Print or save your free drug coupon.
STEP 2: Bring it to your local pharmacy.
STEP 3: Save up to 90% on your prescriptions!
Lisinopril Drug Information
- Other Uses
- Special Dietary
- If I Forget
- Side Effects
- Storage Conditions
- Other Information
- Brand Names
Why is this medication prescribed?
Lisinopril is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure. It is used in combination with other medications to treat heart failure. Lisinopril is also used to improve survival after a heart attack. Lisinopril is in a class of medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It works by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
How should this medicine be used?
Lisinopril comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day. To help you remember to take lisinopril, take it around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take lisinopril exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of lisinopril and gradually increase your dose.
Lisinopril controls high blood pressure and heart failure but does not cure them. Continue to take lisinopril even if you feel well. Do not stop taking lisinopril without talking to your doctor.
Other uses for this medicine
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking lisinopril:
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to lisinopril, enalapril (Vasotec), benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), fosinopril (Monopril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), trandolapril (Mavik), or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as indomethacin (Indocin); diuretics ('water pills'); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid); and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart or kidney disease; diabetes; lupus; scleroderma; or angioedema, a condition that causes difficulty swallowing or breathing and painful swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs.
- tell your doctor if you plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking lisinopril.
- you should know that diarrhea, vomiting, not drinking enough fluids, and sweating a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure, which may cause lightheadedness and fainting.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Talk to your doctor before using salt substitutes containing potassium. If your doctor prescribes a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Lisinopril may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- excessive tiredness
- runny nose
- decrease in sexual ability
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- fever, sore throat, chills, and other signs of infection
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- chest pain
Lisinopril may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to lisinopril. Your doctor may order certain lab tests to check your body's response to lisinopril.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
Brand Names of Combination Products
- Prinzide (containing Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril)
- Zestoretic 10/12.5 (containing Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril)
- Zestoretic 20/12.5 (containing Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril)
- Zestoretic 20/25 (containing Hydrochlorothiazide and Lisinopril)
Major Pharmacy Chains:
Find a participating pharmacy with our pharmacy locator.
This Coupon is Good for the Following High Blood Pressure Prescriptions:
- LISINOPRIL POW
- LISINOPRIL TAB 2.5MG
- LISINOPRIL TAB 5MG
- LISINOPRIL TAB 10MG
- LISINOPRIL TAB 20MG
- LISINOPRIL TAB 30MG
- LISINOPRIL TAB 40MG
- LISINOP/HCTZ TAB 10-12.5
- LISINOP/HCTZ TAB 20-12.5
- LISINOP/HCTZ TAB 20-25MG